Our mission is to provide professional, educational, and support services to individuals, communities, and organisations committed to global development. We want those committed to getting development right to have the tools, resources, and knowledge that will enable them to contribute to social change through positive and empowering actions.
Our vision is a world in which those who are committed to global development have the support, resources, and resilience to work effectively and positively.
We aim to do that by:
- Providing professional, educational, and support services to aid and development practitioners such as peer coaching and online mentoring;
- Providing students with internship, fellowship, and education opportunities;
- Producing original content to facilitate open, transparent, and critical discussion on issues related to aid, development, and social change;
- Partnering with other organisations that share our values, vision, and goals;
- Demonstrating respect, inclusivity, and thoughtfulness;
- Embracing diversity of background and perspective.
It is our hope that WhyDev will help address the knowledge and participation deficit across the aid and development sectors, which undervalues the incredibly diverse and deep experiences, knowledge and perspective of students, graduates, and young professionals. We want to present, provide, and support development alternatives that embody well being, human rights, and community development.